Thursday, December 04, 2008

Tire Rack exceeds my expectations, again.



After Monday's snowfall my Winter Tire Fetish kicked in and I decided to order a set of snow tires for my daughter's car. After choosing her tires online and confirming her approval of the wheels I picked, I finally placed the order with Tire Rack after 10:00 P.M. The immediate order status said the tires were on back order.

However, within one hour I had received an email from Tire Rack confirming my order and stating the tires were in stock. A welcome surprise, I now had hope of receiving the tires before the end of next week.

Before 10:00 A.M. on Wednesday, I received another email stating that the tires had shipped from the South Bend Tire Rack facility. That was less than 36 hours for the order to be processed, products gathered, tires mounted and balanced on the wheels, and the tires shipped via UPS. Still, having chosen standard shipping, my expectations for receiving the tires in time to install this weekend were not high.

This morning a UPS Tracking check showed the tires were in Elm Grove, and I soon received a call from my wife saying the tires had arrived before 9:00 A.M. The total time from order to delivery was less than 59 hours. That would be exceptional service with expedited processing and shipping, but this was just a standard order for Tire Rack.

If you decide that Winter tires are a prudent choice for your vehicle, you cannot go wrong ordering from Tire Rack.

1 comment:

garage equipment said...

Autocross can be a very fun and exciting sport. I have participated in several events in my local area. I found the hobby to be very addictive as well.